Ion Exchange Water Treatment
Soap Scum, Mineral Deposits, Rust Stains?
The second essential step in a total water management system is Ion Exchange (Cation or Anion). Ion exchange is the best way to remove the common minerals that make water hard. Hard water causes dry skin and hair, faded clothing, rings and stains on bathroom fixtures and streaking on dishes and glassware.
Iron and manganese dissolved in your water can leave unsightly orange or black stains on clothes, fixtures and appliances and may lead to potential health complications. The problems caused by dissolved mierals can have a big impact not only on day-to-day living but also on your wallet.
With very strict tolerances and high operational costs, hard water can have an even more significant impact in commercial and industrial applications.
Did you know, according the Federal Trade Commission (FTC), consumers already spend approximately $1,000 per year because of the negative effects of hard water? Schedule a free consultation to find out how to reduce these costs by investing wisely in a Kinetico water treatment system and start saving money today.
Cation Exchange Water Softeners
Kinetico water softeners efficiently remove harmful minerals and metals dissolved in your water, including calcium, magnesium, iron, manganese, lead, radium, and more. Ion exchange softeners operate by attracting minerals and metals in the water to negatively charged resin beads inside the water-softener tanks. The resin beads are then flushed of these minerals in a process called regeneration so the process can start all over again.
With a Kinetico Advanced Water Systems dual-tank softener, this critical regeneration process occurs in treated water so the minerals don’t contaminate the equipment making for a more effective exchange process. Additionally, Kinetico products are non-electric so you save money on electricity and protect the planet all at the same time. Kinetico water softeners deliver benefits you can see and feel:
- No more soap scum on dishes and glassware after running the dishwasher
- Less time spent cleaning shower enclosures, faucets, sinks, and toilets
- Softer, healthier skin and hair
- Brighter clothes, towels and linens
- Increased lifespan of water-using appliances
- Reduced expenses on soaps, cleansers, and detergents
- Save tens to hundreds of thousands of dollars in commercial water filtration systems
- Increased energy efficiency and reliability with water using appliances
Anion Exchange Systems
Less common dissolved contaminants like uranium, nitrates, and sulfates, can be removed using positively charged resin beads as opposed to the negatively charged beads mentioned above. Even though the charge of the resin is different, the exchange process remains unchanged. While compounds like uranium and nitrates have no color, taste, or odor, they most commonly occur in geographical areas of high susceptibility. Contact a Kinetico Advanced Water Systems professional and take the critical first step in learning more about what contaminants exist in your area that could be impacting your water supply and health.
Kinetico Residential Water Softener Solutions
Kinetico Premier Series Softener
- Dual-tank softener eliminates hard water minerals efficiently and effectively with 24/7 operation
- All moving parts operate in soft water which extends equipment life
- System regenerates based on actual metered water usage, not time, saving money and prolonging resin life
- High flow rate is designed to keep up with the most demanding households and is perfectly suited for larger plumbing in many homes
- Non-electric operation cuts costs and protects the environment
- No computers or timers to adjust, repair or replace
Kinetico Premier Series Combination System Softener/Filtration
- Quad-tank residential system designed for homes with filtration AND softening needs with both systems incorporated into one compact design
- Commonly used for homes on community well water with hardness minerals, high manganese, and high chlorine
- Choice of media for filter tanks depending on contaminant issues
- System retains all the features included in all Premier Series products including non-electric operation, soft-water regeneration, and no computers to adjust, repair or replace
Kinetico Commercial Water Softener Solutions
KineticoPRO CP-Series Water Softener
- The CP-Series softeners are an ideal commercial filtration solution for hardness levels of up to 100 gpg and flow rates of up to 47 gpm
- Commonly used in small to medium applications to protect dishwashers, laundry machines, water heaters, drinking stations, steamers, combination ovens and more
- Twin tank design allows for 24/7 uninterrupted supply of soft water and allows for softer water regeneration which protects all vital moving parts
- Non-electric system powered by the kinetic energy of moving water – no timers or computers to set, adjust, repair or replace
- Metered system regenerates based on actual water usage resulting in minimal salt use and maximum water efficiency
- Corrosion-resistant valve and tanks designed to endure the harshest environments
KineticoPRO Hydrus Series Water Softener
- The Hydrus Series softeners boast the world’s only 2″ non-electric valve designed for larger commercial purification systems with the need for very high flow rates of up to 460 gpm
- Commonly used in hotels, healthcare, manufacturing, office buildings, laboratories, breweries, laundromats, and food & beverage processing
- Extremely eco-friendly design with non-electric operation, up to 30% reduction in wastewater, and up to 40% reduction in salt usage due to countercurrent regeneration
- Hydrus valves are tested and certified by WQA against NSF/ANSI 61 drinking water system components – health effects
- Retains all the same great benefits of all Kinetico brand, non-electric, dual tank systems that achieve extremely high efficiencies, economics, and reliability
Water Softener Service Areas
Schedule Your Free Water Analysis Today
Hard water affects most parts of the U.S. Many households and businesses have hard water and don’t even know it! The only way to know exactly what is in your water is a professional water analysis.