7 Benefits of Water Filtration Systems for Businesses
Whether used as the sole solution, or as a component of a multistage treatment system, water filtration is an effective fix for numerous problems. Even if your water supply is “safe” at a municipal or city level, it still may not be ideal for your specific business needs. Suspended solids, chemicals, metals, PFAS, bacteria and other contaminants can affect the quality and safety of water. They’ll negatively impact water-using equipment or process chemistry and, ultimately, your bottom line. Here’s everything you need to know to make the most informed water filtering decision for your business.
Water Filtration System Types
Water filtration systems vary and include ones that use:
- Basic cartridge or sock filters to remove sediment
- Backwashing media filters to remove specific contaminants
- Sidestream media filters to remove dust, pollen, insects, leaves and other suspended materials
- Granular activated carbon to remove chloramines, chlorine, PFAS and other volatile chemicals
The best water filtration systems will come with a dual-tank design for clean-water backwashing and automated metering for usage-based cleaning. While simple water filtration options exist—such as those built into a fridge—they’re less effective at removing harmful, invisible contaminants.
At Kinetico, our commercial water filtration systems can take out sediment (e.g., rust and sand), chemicals (e.g., chlorine and acids) and other pollutants (e.g., GenX and PFAS). For knowing which one would work best for your circumstances, understanding your water quality is key.
Water Filtration System Benefits
All industries—from manufacturing companies and healthcare facilities, to commercial properties and restaurants—have a responsibility, and often a requirement, to ensure better quality water for their operations. Even if you don’t see your specific industry represented below, the numerous benefits of better water make water filtration a valuable investment.
1. Save Money Through Efficiencies
Higher-performing facilities, due to optimized water quality, mean less maintenance costs. A water filtration system can also end ongoing expenses for bottled water or restocking water coolers.
- Commercial Properties: Spend less time and resources repairing failing appliances.
- Utilities: Cut costs with more energy-efficient practices.
- Restaurants: Reduce service calls to keep your cookware and equipment effective.
- Healthcare: Ensure that your highly sensitive water-using equipment needs less repairs.
- Manufacturing: Put money towards materials and components instead of equipment issues.
2. Higher-Performing Water
No matter what water-using appliances or equipment your business uses, you can optimize their effectiveness with a water filtration system. The efficiency and longevity of chilled and hot water systems can be greatly increased through proper filtration that removes corrosion byproducts. Common water taste issues and odors, including chlorine, will also stop being a problem. This can encourage workers to stay more hydrated, positively impacting their performance.
- Commercial Properties: End contaminant buildups that limit the performance of residents’ appliances, and offer great-tasting water right from residents’ taps.
- Utilities: Optimize water-based systems to run more efficiently and reliably, and provide water that consistently tastes great.
- Restaurants: Ensure you’re always meeting regulations while providing higher-quality food and drinks for customers.
- Healthcare: Know that your water-using equipment is helping patients as much as possible, and provide patients and staff with more refreshing drinking water.
- Manufacturing: Have a competitive edge in each step of water-based assembly and create more optimal food and drink products.
3. Protection From Contaminants
Dramatically lower your chances of water contamination, no matter what’s happening at a local or municipal level, with the help of a water filtration system. The removal of PFAS, GenX and other carcinogenic contaminants provides peace of mind that water being consumed is safe and healthy.
- Commercial Properties: Lower the liability of bad water quality affecting tenants.
- Utilities: Achieve the safest-possible operations at all times.
- Restaurants: Provide patrons with ideal dining experiences.
- Healthcare: Ensure that the water provided to patients and staff won’t make them ill.
- Manufacturing: Know that everything you create with water is of the highest quality.
Get Application-Specific Water Filtration With Kinetico
A commercial water filtration system is a high-return investment that delivers long-term savings. Having optimized water that you can depend on for years to come is always the right choice. With Kinetico, installing a water filtration system is easy as we prioritize your unique water needs and budget above all else. For a better understanding of what we can do for you and your business, request a free water consultation today.